Co-op Student – Innovative Travel Solutions Department - Vancouver International Airport
8 Month Term - Starting May 1 2017
Vancouver Airport Authority is a community-based, not-for-profit organization that manages Vancouver International Airport (YVR). Canada’s second busiest airport, Vancouver International Airport welcomed 22.3 million passengers in 2016. As one of BC’s top employers for the eleventh year in a row, we are committed to creating an airport that British Columbia can be proud of: a premier global gateway, local economic generator and community contributor.
Vancouver Airport Authority welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. If required, we are able to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with a disability throughout the selection process.
We encourage students to self-identify in their cover letters. Please visit our careers site to see a short video highlighting our co-op program and our commitment to diversity at www.yvr.ca/en/careers.
The Airport Authority is seeking a skilled and motivated individual to join its Innovative Travel Solutions Department. Reporting directly to the Manager, Innovative Travel Solutions, this position will support various aspects of this dynamic group from inventory management to financial analysis and administrative support.
• Support the department budgets and assist with forecast and report preparation
• Track, compile and report project based expenses
• Track and account for department P-Card expenditures
• Assist with documentation and shipping for replacement parts, including shipment tracking and customs and brokerage coordination and documentation
• Assist with Supply Chain management, including forecasting and planning
• Inventory management for kiosk components, including work order generation, item issuances and inventory counts
• Assist in logistical coordination of trade shows and conferences
The individual will have the following:
• Critical thinking and analytical skills
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills
• Ability to multitask and manage several on-going projects while prioritizing deadlines
• Enjoys working in an exciting and fast-paced environment
• Detail-orientated with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Access
• Diplomacy and professionalism
• Demonstrated commitment to customer service and excellence
• Experience in accounting
Candidates should be enrolled in an Accounting or Business Administration Program. Prior
accounting experience would be an asset.
Reference #: 17-ITSCOOP
Application deadline: Monday, May 8th, 2017
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday 0800 -1600
Dress Code: West Coast Business Casual
Number of Openings: 1