Executive Director Job Posting
Job Title: Executive Director – Full-Time
The Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and general management of three organizations according to the vision, objectives, and strategic direction set in conjunction with the governing body. The Executive Director is responsible for the efficient management of all programs and departments, setting goals and measuring the achievement of the organization’s objectives. As a skilled administrator who is a positive role model, the Executive Director works with the governing body to focus on establishing effective working relationships with community groups, funding agencies, and other external contacts.
Summary of Skills and Abilities we are looking for:
- Ability to work independently and to be self-directing and self-motivated;
- Ability to build effective interpersonal relationships from the community level to senior government levels;
- Ability to work collaboratively with the leadership team in the establishing of goals, and preparation of budgets and funding proposals;
- Ability to see the big picture and think strategically;
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs for word processing, databases, spreadsheets, email and the internet, to the intermediate level (capable of using a large number of functions and feel confident using the program);
- Ability to manage conflict and manage change;
- Ability to self-regulate, meet deadlines, have attention to detail;
- Understanding of First Nations values, culture, history, communities, and traditional territories
- Strong knowledge of governance;
- Ability to build capacity for staff, governing body and affiliated organizations;
Salary Range: Grid Level 8 (31.46 to 35.60) wage will depend on level of experience (negotiable)
How to Apply:
For a complete job description and Job Application form, please visit the Employment section of the Northern Shuswap Tribal Council website at: www.northernshuswaptribalcouncil.com
Application Package submission must include the following:
1: Provide a hand written cover letter with your skills & abilities that match the job description
2: Completed Job Application Form
3: Resume with three work related job references
Email your application to:
Mail your Application to: Fax to: 250-392-6158
Attention: Bonnie Slack, Operations Coordinator
Northern Shuswap Tribal Council
17 South 1st Avenue, Williams Lake, BC V2G 1H4
April 13th, 2017 @ 4:00 pm
Applications received after 4:00 pm on April 13th, 2017 will not be considered.
Interview Date: May 10th, 2017 for the selected candidates
NOTE: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Preference will be given to persons of Aboriginal ancestry as per Section 16(1) of the Canadian Human Rights Act.