LANDS & RESOURCES OFFICER
Hitacu, British Columbia
Posted on: Monday, March 20, 2017
The Lands and Resources Officer is responsible for providing marine and land based services to the Department of Lands and Resources, including patrolling of Yuułuʔiłʔatḥ water and lands, fisheries and wildlife monitoring and reporting activities, domestic food fish distribution, liaising with other government agencies and other duties relative to the Lands and Resources Department. Overall responsibilities will be aimed at protecting Yuułuʔiłʔatḥ’s marine and land based resources.
This is a term position that will support and facilitate the implementation of a succession plan that will guide a Yuułuʔiłʔatḥ citizen through the training and development stages in order to gain the qualifications and skills needed to be a regular, full-time Lands and Resources Officer for the Yuułuʔiłʔatḥ Government.
For a copy of the complete position description, please contact Rhonda Knockwood, Director of Operations (contact information below).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Preference for individuals who have taken courses towards or completed the First Nations' Fisheries Technologist Diploma Program (FNFTDP) and/or Aboriginal Fisheries Officer phases 1 and 2 and 3;
- SVOP, MED-A3 and ROC-M required to fulfill job duties;
- First Aid Certificate, Wilderness First Aid; Swiftwater Rescue Technician is an asset;
- Experience in fisheries related activities and traditional harvesting;
- Experience in enforcement strongly preferred;
- Knowledge of land and resource issues, development activities, legislation and regulations affecting First Nations;
- Pass criminal record check;
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
Please note that, in accordance with Section A 2.0 – 1, of the Yuułuʔiłʔatḥ Government Personnel Policy, the Yuułuʔiłʔatḥ is applying an aboriginal employment preference first to Yuułuʔiłʔatḥ Citizens and second to members of other First Nations. In addition, the Yuułuʔiłʔatḥ will request a Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment.
Closing Date: Friday, March 31, 2017